Swagbucks

Friday, October 24, 2008

Bear with me!

It's a well-known fact, among my close friends, that I am a Salvation Army addict. Let me clarify: I am a Wednesday ONLY Salvation Army addict. Every Wednesday, at the Salvation Army Family Store closest to our house (12 miles away), it's Half Price Wednesday, meaning all clothing items are half price. I am ruined for retail shopping forever now. Well, that MIGHT be an exaggeration, but it definitely puts all my retail shopping into better perspective.

This past week was an average week, but I wanted to show you some pictures (ok, LOTS of pictures) to show exactly what I walk away with each time I go. I have literally had to limit myself to once-a-month trips to the SA because I always find things to buy!
I found 2 summer dresses and 2 winter dresses for our daughter coming home from China (a hot pink Tommy Hilfiger tennis dress, a red Ralph Lauren dress, a flannel plaid Pottery Barn Kids dress, and a "calico" corduroy Ralph Lauren dress):


I found 2 pair of pants, 5 shirts, and a pair of Chirstmas pjs for Price (a pair of Old Navy jeans, Gap slacks, a l/s blue and brown striped Gap t-shirt with darling brown elbow patches, a navy Tommy Hilfiger polo, a red Gymoree t-shirt with a hot rod on it, a green polo with a vintage bulldog design on the back of it, and a red Gymboree t-shirt with a chopper motorcycle on the front):


For Madeleine, I found 2 skirts, 2 dresses, a pair of capri pants, a tank top, and a polo (2 Target brand skirts, a Gap halter dress and a Gymboree halter dress {either of which will be perfect for her Easter dress this year}, a green Aeropostale polo, a white Walt Disney World tank with a bejeweled crown on it, and a green pair of Old Navy capri pants):


For Jack I found a t-shirt and a l/s button up shirt (Yes, that's a Nascar shirt you see! It will have to be a play shirt or pj shirt, because I just CAN NOT bear to let him wear that otherwise.):












For myself, a real treat...a blue and orange striped Tommy Hilfiger dress shirt and a blue Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt











And, because I can find things at such good prices, I am usually able to afford to buy frivolous things or things for friends such as:

An apron for Madeleine's baby













A bike helmet (to replace a recently broken one) for Jack's friend at school:










A fall rug for our front door













A brown dress polo from Banana Republic for my stepson Adam













And a sweet little fall jacket from Gymboree for my friend Sunday's baby Noah

Obviously, I don't have "Name Brandaphobia"! At SA, you can totally use the theory that "You get what you pay for". I tend to be drawn to the look and quality of name brand clothing, but I also purchase items that are not recognized name brands.

Ready for the punchline? Guess what my total was for ALL OF THIS?!? Bet you can't! I tell you what, I will give a $5 gift card to the person who makes the closest guest! Just leave a comment. Brandi, no guessing and no telling our friends (She was there with me this week.)!

24 comments:

Largaespada Family said...

Sweet Clothes! I need to go again. I think I might be making a trip on Wednesday.

My guess $32?

Kelly said...

I've never even thought of shopping there! Of course, I haven't had to buy Lucy any clothes yet, and probably won't for at least a year!

My guess: $17

Brittani said...

I love the "price is right" ... you are so fun Abby !!!!

My guess is $22.50

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Hmmm... I'll say $40.

Lisa said...

I'm guessing $17.49
I LOVE thrift stores!!!

soldierdeb said...

my guess is close to $22 great finds!

bperson1970 said...

I say $5.00

Linda said...

I'm gonna say $20 Linda lovemylittlefamily at yahoo dot com

luckiestwife said...

I'm guessing $18.75

Julie said...

$24.50, you must have a great S.A!
(julzhustead(at)gmail.com

Jennifer Moore said...

$39.85 ??
Great job!!

Kerri in WV said...

I am going to guess $14.00

Tiffany said...

Hello, My guess is $8.00
Nice to "meet" you!
Tiffany

Mrs.Wilson said...

I would have to guess that maybe you went on one of those days where they let you stuff a bag for $5! I hope I win this one! I love this store!!
lacy.reyes@yahoo.com

Briana Almengor said...

I'm going to guess $10.
Wish I could get two guesses.

Finance Girl said...

Um, $33???

maria said...

$22.50 is my guess. :)

Honey said...

I guess $13. Hello from a fellow thrift store finatic!

AJH said...

Very nice shopping! My guess is $17.02

Rita T. said...

I guess really low. $5.

lempski said...

I would guess $25

elempke@hotmail.com

Christine said...

My guess is $35.00

Christinerupp@gmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

28 dollars.