Swagbucks

Monday, October 8, 2007

UPromise? Yes, I do!

Some of you may have heard of UPromise before, or seen signs advertising for it at your local grocery store or drugstore, but I consider it to be the first step in savings for our family. UPromise isn't the easiest program to learn your way around, but it's the BEST kind of budget enhancer because you earn FREE MONEY while purchasing things you would normally be purchasing.

UPromise is a free service. More than 7 million families have joined Upromise to save for college. That's right...save for college. Who couldn't use a little extra help starting a college fund for your children, especially when somebody else is the one making the contributions? There are 8 major ways to generate savings through the UPromise program:
  1. Make Upromise.com your online shopping destination (Gap, ebay, REI, Staples, and MANY more)
  2. Grocery store and drug store shopping
  3. Dining through UPromise
  4. Travel (Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and others participate)
  5. Do the real estate thing
  6. Get a Citi Upromise Card (credit card by Citi Bank)
  7. Purchase services Through Upromise (such as Terminix or ADT)
  8. Sign Up Family and Friends
You will receive company contributions in the form of rebates and other cash rewards from the companies with whom you spend. Contributions may be a fixed amount or a percentage of your transaction, depending on the contributing company.

You will be required to register your credit cards and your loyalty progam cards (CVS Extra Care, Publix grocery card, etc.) with UPromise to receive contributions, but it is a secure website.

With gas prices the way they are and our lives as busy as they are, online shopping has become a way of life. Why not start your purchase via the Online Shopping link at UPromise's website and get a little more for your purchase than the items you are buying? Visit UPromise's website at www.UPromise.com today and start saving!

We started saving with UPromise when I was pregnant with our oldest son and, so far, our 2 big kids each have a few THOUSAND dollars in a 529 account!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, what a great tip, I will be looking into that!

JT said...

I love Upromise for college saving. The grocery store angle is very helpful and easy to use. My all-time favorite program though is iBakeSale. It has all the stores and deals of Upromise but allows you to take the cash-back and put it towards a local fundraiser for a child's school, sports team or religious group. It's much easier than traditional fundraising (i.e. bake sales, raffles), and you don't have to wait years to benefit from your online shopping. I've even created a savings account in there so part of it can go to me.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I have never heard of that before. I will have to look into it. I'm so glad you are doing this. You are the savings woman!!

Kristen said...

Hey friend...I saw you a church the other day-but we had to be someone so I didn't have much chat time...I signed up for Upromise!! I'm saving for those kiddos before they even get here.
I need to get some money saving advice from you!
xoxo
Kristen