Swagbucks

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sad News

I haven't used this forum to update you on are news from China recently so here we go. I got some sad news today. Our home study is sitting in the immigration office in Chicago today. It will stay there for about 75 MORE days, unfortunately. We faced major setbacks this summer and fall getting our home study updated and filling out the form necessary to renew our approval to adopt a child from China. I have been in touch with various people over the past week and a half trying to get our approval expedited. Sometimes, I was quoted the "party line" that it was a 90 day process and sometimes I was told that it could be completed more quickly if I did this or that. Well, I did this AND that but received a call from our case manager confirming it would, in fact, take close to the full 90 days. It was quite a blow and I am still reeling from it. I had been holding out hope that we would be able to go as soon as we got our travel authorization, but it looks like the earliest we will be able to go get Carmon now is mid-late April.

Our case manager's name is Meredith. Please pray that our family is never far from her mind and that she is moved to pull our paperwork out of her stack and process it right away. We've tried to so patiently wait on the Lord, but this news today was too much to handle. Please pray for us.

6 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

I am so sorry. You will be in my prayers.

Dearest Jessica said...

we will be praying Abby.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

So sorry to hear that! I know that is disappointing.

Brittani said...

I will absolutely pray for you. I am confident that you will be holding that precious baby the VERY MINUTE that God intends for you to hold her and not a second sooner or later. He knew this would happen & He cares for your sad heart just like... strike that... more than we do. I will lift you and this whole issue before the Lord I know He will comfort you while you are hurting. He is so good at that :)

Jaciromer said...

Praying for you all. I am so sorry your wait seems to be longer now. Much love, Jaci

Jackie Sue said...

Ab, I am so sorry. I was hoping you would get some positive news...oh adoption is so difficult!!! Feeling your pain...