Swagbucks

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Face-ache

I'm sure you've experienced face-ache in your lifetime at least once; we all have. It happens when you are trying to get pictures taken and you stand there with a cheese-y smile pasted on your face for what feels like an infinite period of time. It also happens when you are an American on any kind of trip overseas. In my case, that means I am experiencing face-ache every time I step out of my hotel room. I am met by so many well-wishing and curious people that I walk around with a smile constantly pasted on my face. It would really tickle all the Chinese people if Carmon would do the same, but she still really only smiles for me, Tom, and Price.


That brings me to the real joy I experienced today. I wrote the other day about a 28 year old Christian Chinese girl I met named Judy. At the time, I was a bit skeptical if she was genuine or if she was just claiming to be a Christian because she thought that's what Americans want to hear. She invited me to join her this morning, so I went with her to Shamian Christ Church and had face-ache from real joy. Sitting in the Mandarin/English service was glorious. I hate that word, but there is no other word to describe how I felt. I was able to imagine a taste of what heaven will be like when ALL nations will raise their voices in worship! What a blessing!


Here are the three of us in the chapel. And, for the record, I think that's a smile on Carmon's face, too.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a smile on our girl's face, I recognize it! Thank you for taking her to church! I love you, and can't wait for you two to be home with the rest of us.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

What a neat blessing from the Lord.

Jackie Sue said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!! AND YES I AM YELLING! You don't always show your heart, but I saw it here. Love that the Lord is giving you a face ache...and with perfect strangers, too :) (YELLING AGAIN)I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU FOR DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN....JESUS HAD A FACE ACHE OVER YOU AND YOUR BRAVE SELF...I just know it! love you...won't be long now 'til we see you again.

Brandi said...

Love Jackie Sue's comment. . .totally agree. I'm proud of you for venturing out and doing this and thrilled by your amazing face-ache experience! Sounds like a blast and I totally understand the experience of worshipping with other nations and how heavenly it feels!

Love you bunches,
Bran