Swagbucks

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This is for Jackie Sue

I think it's interesting what details are important to different people. So, I'm taking requests. :) My dear mentor, Jackie Sue, wanted to know the answer to a few questions. Feel free to leave your questions and I'll do my best to get to them.

Is she sick at all or is she feeling good? She has some chest congestion that doesn't sound nice at all, but her nose is running clear, she doesn't have a fever, and isn't batting at her ears.

Do the clothes you took fit? I took a combination of 6-12 months and 12-18 months clothes and she definitely fits the 12-18. I could easily put her in 18-24 months, but they would be baggy.

Is she bigger or smaller than you thought? I think she's a little bigger than I thought. She's definitely more perfect than I could have imagined though.

How is she eating? We haven't figured out her eating schedule quite yet. She doesn't like bottles very much though she, on two different occasions, has sucked down a small bottle. She eats congee (rice soup), likes mandarin oranges, banana bread, kinds likes watermelon, can't stand prunes (Who does like those, though?), likes crackers and bread and egg. Much to our dismay, we have not gotten the first poo out of her yet.

Does she prefer one of you over the other? She loves us both equally. She will miss her Daddy when he leaves tomorrow.

I have to go now. The US immigration decided that a form I got approved when we were at home is no longer filled out properly. I need to get a shower and get that paperwork done. We leave for our daughter's orphanage in less than an hour.

5 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

You are such a good friend! I am glad she asked all these questions though. Jackie has always been a "full story" kinda gal :)

Ashleigh said...

I cannot believe this paperwork mess. Hang in there! Sounds like Carmon is doing ok. We are so grateful. Give the nannies at the orphanage my gratitude for giving us healthy, wonderful babies!!! They are just perfect.

Jackie Sue said...

Thank you very much...keep it coming :) Wish I was with you for the next leg...I loved Guangzhou! Enjoy your time...and just hug that precious baby for me...cannot WAIT to meet her!!! Another Jiangxi girl...my heart is gone already!

Brandi said...

Ok, now my turn! I want the rest of the story too. . but the heart one. How are you doing? How are you processing? What's God speaking to your heart? The whole nine yards!

Love you and love her dearly,
Bran

Brandi said...

PS 12-18 months clothes we have coming out our ears!!! I'll tell Amber and she'll begin setting stuff aside. She just told me yesterday that with all the stuff I'm passing, it's more than Molly can even wear! whohoo!

Bran